How To Make an Instagram ReelMar 29, 2022
I feel like I’m constantly saying, “Instagram is always changing”, or something along those lines. But, it’s totally true! We’ve seen different layouts, new features, changes in algorithms, etc. The latest and greatest is Instagram Reels. Whether you have tried experimenting with Instagram Reels, or have yet to take the jump.. This blog is going to go over
How To Make an Instagram Reel
What is an Instagram Reel?
An Instagram Reel is a short video that is 60 seconds or under. Instagram Reels can be a combination of photos, similar to a slideshow, a video or even a combination of the two. Reels can have music, sounds created by other accounts or the original sound if it’s a video from your camera roll!
Why should I make an Instagram Reel?
Instagram Reels are currently the hottest way to get your content to your audience, mainly because they’re quick videos that don’t require much time. Instagram is a fast paced game, sometimes scrolling can be unintentional, instead of taking time to read, your audience can simply watch! You should also make them because everyone else is too! It’s important to keep up with the trends!
Where do I begin?
Well, let me preface this by saying Instagram Reels can definitely be intimidating if you have never used them before. It may take a few times and a lot of face palms before you truly get the hang of it, and that’s okay! The important thing is that you are trying and continuing to show up for your business!
First determine what kind of content you want to produce. A motivational message? An entertaining message? Something that’s trending? You decide! Trending sounds are always a good place to start!
You can find trending sounds by heading to the Reel Page or by searching it in your search bar.
You’ll click on the button “Use Audio”. It’ll pull up and then you can begin live recording, or adding existing video clips.
If it is more of a song type of sound, this is great for when you have your own video or photos already in your camera roll! For voice sounds, it usually works best to record it live!
Making Edits to your Instagram Reel
After you have your audio and photo or video content, then you can add in other fun features to liven up your Instagram Reel and optimize it!
- You can add filters. This is to either fit your pages aesthetic or just to liven it up!
- Similar to filters, you can add effects. These effects can range from a slow zoom to a green screen background. Effects tend to trend too, which can make them easily discoverable!
- Using text features. Text is always a great option so your viewers are both listening and reading if you are saying something or mouthing words to an audio clip. This is also great for those who have hearing impairments.
- Voiceovers mix things up. When you use a voiceover, you are able to explain via audio what is happening in your video. It fits perfectly if the vibe of your reel is, “How To” or “Step by Step”.
- Set a cover photo. You have the option to post your reel to your feed portion of your account and your reel page. If you are going with a certain aesthetic or maybe want to give a hint into what the reel is about, you can set a cover photo!
Those are the basics when it comes to making a reel. However, the more you make Instagram Reels the more things you will begin to discover!
Don’t Worry, You Can Still Optimize
When you add the different effects we talked about, that helps with optimization. The more people relate to your Instagram Reel and the better quality it is- the more people will engage with it! Which as we know is SUPER important! Just like engagement for Instagram Stories.
Location, hashtags and mentions can also be used just like on your Instagram Posts and Stories! So, be sure to definitely take advantage of these ways to optimize when you create your Instagram Reel!
Don’t Get Discouraged
Instagram Reels can be tricky to get the hang of, especially because there are so many moving parts that you have to edit in order for it to come together. Take it easy, practice making test Reels. For more tips on how to create an Instagram Reel, click here.
You’ve got this!
Meredith Kallaher helps small business owners Expand Their Reach and Explode Their Sales with
Facebook and Instagram Advertising Strategy and Management.
Learn How Meredith Can Help You Build Your Business and Exceed Your Sales Goals. Book a FREE DISCOVERY CALL Today.